"Deliciousness!"

I totally threw this meal together last night, on the fly, and the kids liked it so much that they begged me to make more for lunch. I did. And when I went back for a small second helping, the skillet was licked clean. I named it "Hobo Skillet" but the girls re-named it "Deliciousness!"

-a hot stove with a cast iron skillet
-a couple of tablespoons of oil in skillet
-an onion, sliced, chopped, whatever you like to do with onions...
-a couple of tablespoons of minced garlic (I get those big jars at the store)
some potatoes. I might have used six last night. Today I used the rest...however many that was. Do them like the onions. I cut 'em in half lengthwise and then slice.
-a pound of ground meat (I used turkey because it's the cheapest, but lamb sure would be good. After my niece was in the hospital with e-coli, I avoid ground beef. During lent I might try a soy sausage in this meal.
-a cup (perhaps a skotch more) of water and a beef boullion cube (I have this awesome vegan beef boullion with no gluten or MSG. It's by Maple grove Gluten Free Foods. )
and a hand full of dried mushrooms (found at the Asian food store)
italian spices, salt and pepper to taste.

I just threw it all in the skillet, and stirred it a bit, added the lid and let it do it's thing for fifteen or twenty...until the meat was done and the potatoes were tender.

It wasn't around long enough to get a photograph.

Comments

Has said…
Thanks for sharing! Allow me to share my new favourite way of cooking potatoes, which my 6 and 5 year old girls have named "best food EVER".

- peel potatoes and cut in half (or to similar sizes)
- boil for 15 minutes or until soft
- drain
- heat heavy large fry pan, add olive oil
- add potatoes and crushed garlic, sprinkle over salt to taste
- fry potato pieces, mashing a little as you go, until golden brown.

YUM.
Susan Sophia said…
Yummy!