LIz want to know...

if anybody's home....?????

Yes, I'm very much home...and pretty much nowhere else except grocery shopping and Church on the weekends. Kids are busy in home school, I still try to get a walk in now and again when it's not too cold. Brrrrr. This weekend will be too cold.

Currently I have a sleeping two and a half month old niece draped across my lap whilst I type on the keyboard. (AWWWWWWWW!)

Just been focusing on doing each thing that needs doing.

The depression was ALL PMS related, I"m afraid. Oh, look, that will be coming round again in a few weeks. Be forewarned.

And for hypoglycemics and low carb dieters everywhere, I have modified a recipe I found on-line to come up with:

FUNNEL CAKES!!!!!

An inch or so of hot oil in a sauce pan.

1 T. butter, melted
2 eggs
1 scoop vanilla sugar free protein powder (mine is whey)
artificial sweetener to taste (8 drops of stevia, here)
1 lid of vanilla extract

Mix until mostly not lumpy. Plug a funnel with your finger and pour half the batter into it. Release batter over oil in swirling motion. Let fry until golden brown, then carefully flip with a fork and spatula. Remove when done.

Repeat, as the batter is enough for two funnel cakes.

Only four carbs if you don't use splenda...for BOTH funnel cakes. 37 grams of protein.

One could do worse. Fat grams, you say? How many fat grams????? Only God knows!

Now, be forewarned...if you are a normal food eater, these funnel cakes will be slightly off...but if it's been so long since you've had a donut that you forgot what it tastes like...then these are SOOOO GOOOD!

Comments

DebD said…
Oh man! That funnel cakes sounds great. I don't have any protein powder in the house. Waaaa!

get all the new baby hugs you can.
Mimi said…
I'm glad you are ok, and warm. And, oooooooooooh on the 2.5 month old sleeping in your lap. Sigh.

I've not had funnel cakes, I don't think. Maybe once or twice, now that I think about it...

Yum.
Liz in Seattle said…
Yay! Nice to see you :-)

Love that delicious new baby smell...happy snuggling!

PMS sucks (sorry), and when you tend toward depression anyway, it's that much harder. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner (repeat).

And thanks for the recipes!